Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Orchard visits

There is an orchard in Central Iowa that I have been visiting annually since I was a wee thing. Of course back then it was "out in the boonies" and now it is surrounded by suburban cookie-cutters, my how times change. Today I took my minions to that very Orchard to buy some apples and to let them check out all the pumpkins. We ended up taking home 3 pumpkins which weighed in at a whopping 49lbs. Let the carving begin!

The minions have been a little wishy-washy with their Halloween costume selections for the year (mainly my oldest as little miss still has no clue about the holidays and may end up wearing her big brother's Spider Man costume from last year) and that has been making me a little nervous as I've been watching the calendar days fly by . My eldest minion finally told me that he really wants to be a monkey this year. So, I bought some brown fleece at the fabric store and since they had no 'monkey' costume patterns I took home a penguin pattern and a dragon pattern in the hopes that I can sort of combine the two of them into some sort of recognizable monkey form. Wish me luck. I may end up just draping the fleece over him ghost-style and attaching a sign that says "I'm a monkey, honest!".

No comments: